Connecting Your Domain to Shopify’s Hosting Server
Connecting your domain name to a hosting server allows you to create and publish a website for the public to see. Hosting your website is essential for allowing public access to internet users and to be found on the world wide web. Connecting your domain allows you to keep your domain name subscription with a trusted domain provider while using the hosting services and website tools of another company, like Shopify.
To connect your domain to Shopify, please follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Sign into your account on our site.
2. Click “Manage Website” for the Domain Name you would like to alter
3. Click “View Nameservers & Zone” within the DNS & Nameservers Section.
4. Click “Edit My Zone File”.
5. Click on the Delete checkbox next to the www A Record set to 184.108.40.206
6. Change the value of the @ A Record to 220.127.116.11
7. Click “Add A New Record”. Write the Name of this new record as www, set the TTL to 10800, and set the Type to CNAME. Then write the value as shops.myshopify.com.
8. Click “Update My Zone File”.
If you have any trouble connecting your domain to Shopify please contact customer service by using the "Submit A Request" in the top right corner.